G. S. Amonkar Vidya Mandir (Formerly New Goa High School) was founded in June 1943 by the Late Shri Gundu S. Amonkar and was recognized by the University of Bombay on 22nd March and by Maharashtra State Board of Secondary Education in 1950. It is recognized by the Directorate of Education,Government of Goa, and the Goa S.S.C. Board. The School is managed by New Goa Educational Trust, Mapusa.
The School is situated on the top of a hill in a healthy locality.
The Aim of the institution is:
(1) To impart sound, moral, physical and intellectual training to boys and girls thus develop their personality, so that they may turn out useful and responsible citizens of the country.
(2) To encourage students to continuously strive for excellence in all fields;
(3) To create efficiency and self-confidence in pupils and gives them ample scope for self activity self-government and self-reliance.
The school prepares students for the Secondary School Certificate, Examination of the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education- Goa. It imparts education based on sound curricular and co-curricular programme.